Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

Gary

MDX files belonged to OE in versions 4 and 5. DBX with OE6

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eCY2FWh6KHA.5464@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You seem to be laboring under some misconceptions.
The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail,
not Microsoft Mail.
OE groups mail into DBX (not MDX) folders.
OE saves contacts in a WAB file.
Windows Mail can import from OE's DBX and WAB files.
OE can't be installed on a Vista computer.

Which newsgroup has a problem with headers starting several rows
down from the top? I've never seen this.

"Paul E. Schoen" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OL9H24d6KHA.6052@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers
starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly.
This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and how
to correct it?

I was using Outlook Express on my XP machine until it died, so I switched
everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. It seems just about
the same, but all the emails and contacts are now separate files rather than
the old MDX format. I found some software that can be purchased that will
extract the emails into the new EML format, but I would think Microsoft
would have a built-in or freely available utility to do this, since both are
their products and included in the OS. Can I also install OE on my Vista
computer and then save emails as EML?

Thanks!

Paul

  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... Actually OE4 use mbx and idx files and OE5 and 6 uses dbx files. ... MDX files belonged to OE in versions 4 and 5. ... The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... I've been on-line since 1996 and I probably have some old MDX files from that era. ... The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... extract the emails into the new EML format, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail, ... Windows Mail can import from OE's DBX and WAB files. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Member list ...
    ... i have some problems with an element list from a dimension in Visual Studio .NET. ... We work with OLAP (Microsoft Analysis Server an Microsoft Reporting Services SP1). ... We would like generate an list of members from an dimension for an simple filter in our report. ... When i run the following MDX in der Microsoft MDX Sample Application we receive the result that we want. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: A troublesome MDX-statement once again... :(
    ... you could use "^" operator in MDX - this should provide ... Development Lead in the Microsoft Analysis Server team ... Deepak Puri ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)