Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly. This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

I was using Outlook Express on my XP machine until it died, so I switched everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. It seems just about the same, but all the emails and contacts are now separate files rather than the old MDX format. I found some software that can be purchased that will extract the emails into the new EML format, but I would think Microsoft would have a built-in or freely available utility to do this, since both are their products and included in the OS. Can I also install OE on my Vista computer and then save emails as EML?

Thanks!

Paul

.