Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE

I have noticed that one newsgroup consistently shows the list of headers starting several rows down from the top, while all others work correctly. This is just a minor annoyance, but any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

I was using Outlook Express on my XP machine until it died, so I switched everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. It seems just about the same, but all the emails and contacts are now separate files rather than the old MDX format. I found some software that can be purchased that will extract the emails into the new EML format, but I would think Microsoft would have a built-in or freely available utility to do this, since both are their products and included in the OS. Can I also install OE on my Vista computer and then save emails as EML?

Thanks!

Paul

  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... I was using Outlook Express on my XP machine until it died, so I switched everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. ... It seems just about the same, but all the emails and contacts are now separate files rather than the old MDX format. ... I found some software that can be purchased that will extract the emails into the new EML format, but I would think Microsoft would have a built-in or freely available utility to do this, since both are their products and included in the OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... everything to my Vista laptop which has Microsoft Mail. ... rather than the old MDX format. ... purchased that will extract the emails into the new EML format, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Help setting up POP on googlemail
    ... Im trying to set up microsoft mail to pick up my emails from my googlemail account. ... I've added the account on microsoft mail but it wouldnt download the info, it seems i need to change the setting on my mail account. ... I acceesed setting on my gmail account to enable POP but it wants me to put an email address in to forward incoming mail too. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)