Re: can't send emails

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"jah wobble's granny" <jah wobble's granny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4EF1AC03-7C5A-4769-B67C-9F1982DB850C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary. Thank you very much. This advice fixed my problem.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

The key part of the error message is "relaying not allowed."
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection coming
from Cox?

Try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. Click OK.
Now try sending.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"Kelly" <Kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F83B5403-78E1-4673-A638-B35A4E1FAC49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send. someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

.