Re: Cannot send email from Windows Mail

Who exactly is your mail service provider? If you have an existing email
address, what is the part after the @ symbol?
In one place you have mail.com, and in another place you have mail.org.
Those two are not the same.

"Christine" <Christine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3908654A-348A-4997-B8DB-8B01C4E09710@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Able to receive mail into WM from pop.mail.com
Unable to send mail from WM through smpt.mail.com
Error message received:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Username and Password
(Thread:2131473)', Account: 'pop.mail.com', Server: 'smpt.mail.org',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please advise
Thank you

  • Re: This message just started coming when trying to send e mails
    ... If you don't like your current mail service provider, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I don't have a Hotmail account because of lots of missed or lost emails. ... 'windows mail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: emails not on server
    ... Who is the mail service provider? ... Some don't honor the "leave copy on server" setting. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... but I still cannot access any of my emails on my laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: user name and password
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... wants my username and password and in the properties section of my acct im ... email account on the server. ... webmail portal to your email account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: newsgroup problems
    ... Did you make sure the username and password for that server are still correct? ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Suddenly I am not able to get onto the newsgroup I use. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: email
    ... If you don't remember your username and password, ... the people who gave you those, your mail service provider. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... do I fix this, or how do I find my username and password? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)