Re: Security in Windows Mail

I am not trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers intentionally. I
attempted to check my email Tuesday (4/27) evening and the previous message
appears on my screen. I cannot send or receive emails. All I get is that
friggin' message. I AM NOT DOING ANY OF THIS INTENTIONALLY!!!!!

"Dave" wrote:

Then why are you trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers?
If you need to access a Qwest email account, you need to use Qwest's email
servers.
http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#config

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is provided
by
Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing changed. I
was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not comfortable
with it. I'm receiving this message.

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

At least all your settings are correct now. :-)

Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
Windows Mail: Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I did what was suggested and this is the response.

"mac" wrote:

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is
the
response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3,
Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL):
Yes,
Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

On the Server tab of the account, from the link:

Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not
checked.
Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.