Re: "Spam" in the subject line

There is nothing in Windows Mail that can tag messages as spam. If you did not install a spam program, perhaps your mail server has. Check their site.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Ryanagt" <Ryanagt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:87395B70-D558-445E-B35F-1EDEA7EBEF77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All incoming e-mails are tagged as "Spam" in the subject line. Most of which
do not automatically get sent to the "Junk Mail" folder. I tried to change
the "Junk e-mail options" but nothing has worked so far. Even the addresses
that I put into the "safe sender" list still come in tagged as "Spam". This
is my work e-mail and it looks bad when I reply to the sender and "Spam" is
in the subject line, I don't catch them all to change them.
Any solutions will be helpful.

  • Re: Outlook should let me add domain to blocked sender list via ri
    ... blocked senders list, then go into the Junk E-mail options and edit the entry ... If you get a lot of spam, ... multi-step procedure really hampers the usefulness of the blocked senders ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: blocking senders in newsgroups
    ... To see the blocked sender list, ... click on Tools - Junk E-mail options - Blocked Senders ... It won't help much with spam, as they use faked or other peoples' email addresses. ... Can someone help me get rid of all the horrible spam in my NG? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Email going to SPAM when in Contacts
    ... Under Tools, Junk E-mail Options, Safe Senders, make sure there is a ... check in the box for "Also trust e-mail from my Windows Contacts". ... do I stop them from going to the SPAM ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: content filtering
    ... opinion on experience that's limited to dealing with domestic US ... Considering that the large majority of spam originates from the US, ... Now all you need is some method of identifying the sender. ... 550 code would come to the attention of the mail server admin who could ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: anti spam sw?
    ... It only tags suspect mail as spam. ... Bayesian filtering should ALWAYS be the *last* mechanism used to detect spam since it is a guessing scheme based on word weigthing over a historical sample set experienced by just one particular user. ... I also use the MXblocking plug-in because I don't want mails sent from dynamically IP addressed hosts. ... If someone wants to operate their own mail server then let them get a static IP address. ...
    (alt.computer.security)