Re: Security in Windows Mail

At least all your settings are correct now. :-)

Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
Windows Mail: Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:81AB1628-7000-4666-9859-365BD6711B91@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did what was suggested and this is the response.

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

"mac" wrote:

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is the
response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

On the Server tab of the account, from the link:

Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not checked.
Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Email error messages. New comp pleaseee helppp
    ... It should be port 587 instead of 998. ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Not receiving all emails
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ... 110, Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Setting up Windows Mail on Vista
    ... I changed the settings as per your instructions ... 995, Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... The send error looks like interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot receive email
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can not access email account please help
    ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... I have made sure the box is unticked for server requiring ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)