Re: Security in Windows Mail

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6178D335-6D9A-4D5A-8DE2-B3AD1532522C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is the
response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

On the Server tab of the account, from the link:

Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not checked.
Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Cant connect to Mailserver
    ... chance yet to dig into the server and find out why. ... When I telnet to port 25 I should get a response from your exchange ... Are the correct ports open in the router? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant connect to Mailserver
    ... port 25 responds with your exchange server. ... When I telnet to port 25 I should get a response from your exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Issue From the Internet (Port 4125)
    ... At a command prompt, if the following does not return a result, it should ... Port 4125 has to be open in your routers, ... then try to RWW into the SBS server. ... This will take the router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Issue From the Internet (Port 4125)
    ... At a command prompt, if the following does not return a result, it should ... Port 4125 has to be open in your routers, ... then try to RWW into the SBS server. ... This will take the router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant connect to Mailserver
    ... domain's zone files on the dyndns server, ... I'm presuming it's a simple port forward from WAN to LAN on ... When I telnet to port 25 I should get a response from your ... Are the correct ports open in the router? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)