free s pace on computer

Hello: I have just serviced my computer and upgraded from 1 g to 4 gs.
Everything is so much faster but the computer guy is dumbfounded as to why my
free space under where is says physical memory drops to 50 and below,
something is taking up that space, from over 2000 you can see is drop to 0
right before your eyes. can you help us figure this out....Thank you
Gilberta:)

  • Re: C Drive section is running out of space.
    ... I have an X 86- based Sony PC with 1,024/00 MB of Total Physical Memory and 370.91 MB of Available Physical Memory. ... Every monthly "security" update from Microsoft puts me closer and closer to having no free space at all on the C drive section. ... Expand that new partition to take up your whole new drive. ... Backup your "C" partition. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: C Drive section is running out of space.
    ... I have an X 86- based Sony PC with 1,024/00 MB of Total Physical Memory and 370.91 MB of Available Physical Memory. ... Every monthly "security" update from Microsoft puts me closer and closer to having no free space at all on the C drive section. ... Some of these updates are from 2005, ... Thank you for any help, advice, or recommendations. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: C Drive section is running out of space.
    ... Physical Memory and 370.91 MB of Available Physical Memory. ... transfer to CD and clean-off more free space if need be. ... Some of these updates are from 2005, ... Resize to 50% each way. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • C Drive section is running out of space.
    ... Physical Memory and 370.91 MB of Available Physical Memory. ... transfer to CD and clean-off more free space if need be. ... Every monthly "security" update from Microsoft puts me closer and closer to ... Thank you for any help, advice, or recommendations. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Installing Linux on Windows XP
    ... hanu wrote: ... in front of my eyes - I have no idea of your earlier posting history, ... So you DON'T HAVE ANY FREE SPACE ON YOUR DISK. ... SHRINK YOUR PARTITION. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)