Re: Security in Windows Mail

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:82305158-3488-4645-AF5A-134BB836B77A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I checked the Advanced tab on my account, the Port Number is 110.

I could see that from here, that is why I gave you the link to the correct settings, to change it too.

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@xxxxxxxxxxx
Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • [NT] MailEase POP3 Denial of Service
    ... MailEnable's Messaging Services Platform is ... Windows 9x/NT/XP MailEnable POP Server Version 1.02 ... in the #define (port 110) ... char top, end; ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Yahoo Mail Bug fix
    ... error message whenever they try. ... Enable SSL for your POP server and select to override the default POP port ... Enable SSL for your SMTP server and select to override the default SMTP ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Outlook wont send my e-mail messages synced to Yahoo.
    ... correct settings. ... contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider. ... Test this out by using the built-in telnet command in Windows to connect to the server and port you have configured in Outlook's account. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: message i am receiving...Per Freaking out
    ... Try changing the Outgoing (SMTP) port from 25 to 587 ... POP server: pop3.live.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Hotmail in Windows Mail etc-2