Re: Windows Mail

"Unknown error" can be caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Jackad" <Jackad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B4AD6720-3002-4E8C-845E-252E493A5D42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can receive mails without problem but suddenly - from about mid-day today I
can no longer sent them. If I go to the website of my ISP, I have no trouble
sending them.
The error message I get is :
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Return of Card', Account: 'E-Mail do
SAPO', Server: 'smtp.sapo.pt', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0B.
Any help/suggestions much appreciated !
Jack

  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • "Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from anantivirus
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Do you get an error message when you try to send? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Just would like to get email
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I was a firewall on my modem/router! ... security program (antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall) can interfere with email. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send nessages. errror messgae
    ... sometimes just turning of antivirus email scanning will cure this type ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send emails
    ... is not very compatible with Norton antivirus software. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)