Re: Security in Windows Mail

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://mail.live.com or http://hotmail.com.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Keithman" <Keithman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2DBF531E-B269-49F2-BAD8-8827BFD25942@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Having similar issue. This is the error message I get.

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

"babil29" wrote:

I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" so
closed the account and started a new one - but still the same trouble!!!
Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!
.