Re: Outlook express-email

"sip" <sip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:88804A97-4285-42BC-8262-8CCC5BB07A58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I have internet explorer open I used to be able to click on the upper
right hand side of the screen in the little mail icon and outlook would open.
Now when I click on it nothing happens. The only way to get to my email now
is to click on the bottom left hand side, start and scroll up to email. Has a
setting been changed?

This newsgroup is for Windows Mail in Vista.

If that is what you are really asking about then, go to Default Programs, either in the Start menu or in Control Panel and ensure that WM & IE have all their defaults set.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: i.e. Error message
    ... Go back to control panel and see if you see the mail icon now. ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Unable to open your default e-mail folders ...
    ... > Basically there is a PST type file on your old machine ... > I installed Windows XP SP1 on a new computer. ... > and tried to open Outlook and got the message, ... > double click on the Mail icon in the Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Unable to Close/Delete .PST Files
    ... >You need to go into the control panel - mail icon, set up another profile, ... >transfer your mail to the new profile and then delete the old ones. ... I'm at my wits end trying to solve a MS Outlook 2000 ... both are ARCHIVE .pst files. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: No Mail icon in the Control Panel!?
    ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... go to see if the mail icon shows up. ... I need to setup a second profile, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: no mail icon
    ... When I click on outlook, ... up and says unable to install try again or reinstall. ... set to classic and click on the Mail icon. ... unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)