Re: Microsoft Mail - Message Import

If they are individual eml files then create a folder in WinMail and then
open it so that it shows an empty message list. Then drag the eml files
overtop the list and drop them and they will get incorporated into the
folder, as long as they are only eml files.

steve

"Tree Man" <Tree Man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have old MSMail messages on an external hard drive that I cannot import
into MS Mail (Vista Operating System) and view. I tried file import
function within MSMail without success. I cannot determine what folder to
copy messagestore file into in order to manually import. Can someone
help?

  • Re: How to go back to OE from Vista Mail ?
    ... I know drag & drop if you're going from one drive to another, ... I didn't use Internet Explorer to get all the eml files. ... new folder - name it anything meaningful to you or this process. ... folder and displayed in the previously blank / empty list area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How to go back to OE from Vista Mail ?
    ... Just copy the whole folder on some such medium and insert it into the OE PC. ... But, don't make this harder than it is - copy / paste to medium, plug in or insert medium in OE PC, open folder and highlight - drag - drop. ... When you drop the eml files onto OE, will the convert to dbx or can OE ... folder and displayed in the previously blank / empty list area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How to go back to OE from Vista Mail ?
    ... You may have to copy the folder onto the actual PC - I'm not sure. ... But, if you can access them via Windows Explorer, drag and drop a few to see what it does, and stop wondering! ... I didn't use Internet Explorer to get all the eml files. ... folder and displayed in the previously blank / empty list area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How to go back to OE from Vista Mail ?
    ... may have to copy the folder onto the actual PC - I'm not sure. ... I know drag & drop if you're going from one drive to another, ... When you drop the eml files onto OE, will the convert to dbx or can OE ... folder and displayed in the previously blank / empty list area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How to move email folders to a flash drive
    ... You can use Drag-and-Drop to save multiple e-mail messages to EML files ... reading windows, properly formatted and with attachments accessible. ... Open the Windows File Explorer to the folder that you ...