Re: problem sending emails

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

That server requires you to use the SSL option.
Follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

"Sandra" <Sandra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A46A74F6-677B-4BAA-A440-67B64B75F558@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send
emails it gives me this error.

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

  • Re: Can not Email 17mb file outside our SMTP connector
    ... Are you talking about the defaults under Global Settings, ... Ed Crowley MVP ... But this does not make it to the SMTP logs. ... that could be the server bouncing you. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SPAM and Junk Email
    ... Oh - also I should note that applying those settings is done on a per-smtp ... virtual server basis, so if you have multiple servers that receive mail from ... If you have recipient filtering enabled under the Global settings, ... that you have also enabled it on the properties of the SMTP Virtual ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • MX Mail relay
    ... CRAM-MD5 SMTP authentication: disabled ... The user has a VMS account and the Outlook settings are correct for both incoming and outgoing servers, ... Running MX5.4 under loadbroker on 7.3-1 thru 8.3 tried turning on debugging to see why the server was not accepting the outgoing message ... command execution on node FREJA ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: login and email problems
    ... Please carefully check settings required in my previous post and post the ... Install the RPC ping utility on the client computer and then open a command ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Leave the Default Gateway of the internal NIC blank of the server box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Entourage
    ... POP account settings mail. ... use same settings as receiving mail server and have tried logging on with ... Override default SMTP port SMTP service requires secure connection ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)