Re: Use more SMTP servers

Thank for your reply. I'm now using the option using a hybrid account. I
works well. Thanks again!

"Dave" wrote:

Well, you can't do that, because you need to use the SMTP server associated
with your email account.
Some possible options are:
1. Use webmail, which you can access anywhere.

2. Use IMAP or http mail, which you can access anywhere.

3. If you have a POP3 account, you can set up a hybrid account. Get a
Gmail email account, and use their SMTP server to send, while using your
normal account for receiving. It's a bit more complicated to set up, as you
have to enter different username/passwords, server names, and port numbers
for both Incoming and Outgoing.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"mark.k" <mark.k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is it possible to use more than one SMTP server in Windows Mail? I'm
working
on my notebook on different locations with different internet providers. I
now have to switch manually from server each time I want to send mail. I
want
Windows Mail to check witch preferred SMTP server is available and use
that
one.

  • Re: Send mail from another Outgoing Server
    ... I have a customer with an e-mail account setup with Comcast/Broadband. ... suggested using the Comcast web mail based solution, ... have you tried setting up the Comcast smtp server to authenticate? ... wife's company and I do not have an email account with this company, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: email help
    ... Hi Jason, Following up on Karl's post, it would be unusual to activate ... would be to create a POST or GET to the server to activate the new account. ... that the smtp server will send/relay messages for otherwise you're inviting ... >> me to accept or reject the request right?) ...
  • Re: Exchange + IMAP = pain
    ... We have 1 Account configured right now: ... We use Microsoft Exchange Hosted ... with VPNs and SMTP server settings. ... to Outlook using IMAP. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: servers
    ... Home ISP and e-mail host: ... and an increasing number of ISPs block Port 25 for connections to any SMTP server other than their own. ... If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Use more SMTP servers
    ... Well, you can't do that, because you need to use the SMTP server associated with your email account. ... Get a Gmail email account, and use their SMTP server to send, while using your normal account for receiving. ... Windows Mail to check witch preferred SMTP server is available and use that ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)