Re: cannot connect to pop3 server

Are you concerned about setting up your Hotmail account in Windows Mail?
If so, follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail
account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.
To get around that, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address initially,
use a fake one, such as me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx After the account setup is complete,

"amber self" <amber2363@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eyXM1%23a5KHA.5808@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant configure Outlook 2007 with Gmail or hotmail running Vista
    ... Windows Mail cannot access any webmail account, like most Yahoo and Hotmail ... Microsoft Offices Outlook 2007 for software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: email
    ... So which account do you want to set up in Windows Mail, ... Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. ... account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: i need help i am trying to create my account , but this program dont support HOTMAIL is that rig
    ... Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server. ... To give you a bit of history, Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. ... Consequently, the Windows Mail account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.To get around that limitation, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address initially, use a fake domain, such as me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx After the account setup is complete, you can go back into the settings and correct your email address. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Using Windows Mail abroad.
    ... so even sending will work when using a port other than 25. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced, ... I wouldn't particularly want to alter that if I could use Windows Mail in the normal way - which I would prefer to do rather than having to log onto the Pipex web-site to deal with my mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)