cannot send emails

I am using COX and Windows Mail and have followed all directions for changing
the outgoing mail Server Port Number (SMTP) settings from 25 to 465, checking
This server requires a secure connection (SSL)on the ADVANCED TAB and also
checking "My server requires authentication" for the Outgoing Mail Server
(and setting it up with "log in" supplying my user name and password on the
SERVERS tab.

Even so, I still get this error message when trying to send outgoing mail:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing 2', Account: 'Cox',
Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Everything was working fine previously, but when I kept getting the error
message, I changed the settings as I indicated above and still cannot send
mail.

  • Re: smtp problem with Charter.net
    ... The outgoing mail doesn't get sent. ... I asked if there was a new error message. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... The only thing I know of that it may be is e-mail scanning. ...
  • Re: smtp problem with Charter.net
    ... The outgoing mail doesn't get sent. ... I asked if there was a new error message. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... The only thing I know of that it may be is e-mail scanning. ...
  • Re: smtp problem with Charter.net
    ... The outgoing mail doesn't get sent. ... I asked if there was a new error message. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... The only thing I know of that it may be is e-mail scanning. ...
  • Re: smtp problem with Charter.net
    ... The outgoing mail doesn't get sent. ... I asked if there was a new error message. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... The only thing I know of that it may be is e-mail scanning. ...
  • Re: smtp problem with Charter.net
    ... but it takes 20 seconds trying to send the outging first. ... I asked if there was a new error message. ... using port 465 for Outgoing mail will receive email if you ... The connection to the server has failed. ...