Re: Emails diverted to Drafts folder

I have not heard of this particular problem before. If it was caused by
Windows Update, we'd be seeing many more reports like yours.

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to
scan emails. As a test, you should also temporarily disable any third
party security software and downloaded toolbars, just to see if it makes
a difference.

What do you mean by "Live Mail", Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Mail?

"Anna" <anna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O55ACOB5KHA.4264@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Mail: I'm seeing incoming mail going into the Drafts folder, and
outgoing mail saved to the Drafts folder. Not all mail, but a lot of it.
The same is happening in Windows 7 with Live Mail using a POP3 ISP
account, not Hotmail.

On the computers on which I've seen it, it's a relatively recent problem
that didn't exist before. Possibly related to some Windows Update?

I have some very irritated people badgering me about this and just can't
find an answer. Any light on the subject would be warmly welcomed.

--
Anna

  • Re: Emails diverted to Drafts folder
    ... I assume you've looked for message rules that could divert incoming ... I do know that antivirus email scanning can cause some bizarre problems. ... Windows Update, we'd be seeing many more reports like yours. ... What do you mean by "Live Mail", Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Mail? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail has stopped working yikes?
    ... I installed Win Live mail and its not too bad so will live with that! ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off your antivirus email scanning function does not resolve ... I have tried to set up Windows mail on my laptop using Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error Code 0x800CCC0F in Windows Mail
    ... I uninstalled Trend Micro Antivirus. ... I have upgraded to Windows ... Windows Live Mail Error ID: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot get my email to work
    ... or else upgrade to Windows Live Mail: ... any email scanning in the antivirus must be disabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Security Pop-Up Requires Logon for WinMail Retrieval
    ... Then a mystery since I downloaded MS Live Mail, ... and I have found the same problem with a Windows Security ... one possible cause for that error is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)