Re: Not able to send, no errors

Is a message appears in Sent Items, then it was received by your mail server intact and the problem lies from that point on. There is one exception though. E-mail scanning can fool your e-mail client into thinking it was sent when it never made it.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. I strongly suggest that especially in your case, you do it this way.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"maintenancegod" <maintenancegod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4697FAF7-788A-4719-AE39-350F721557AC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had problems a month ago. I could receive mail but when I sent mail, it
would show up in my sent folder but it never went out. I never got an error
either. I tried Windows Live Mail and it did the same thing. Before
re-installing Vista, I installed Office 2007 and now I use Outlook. Outlook
sends and receives as it should(Mail still doesn't work). Hope this helps.

  • Re: emails being sent but not recieved
    ... received by your ISP intact and the problem lies from that point on. ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, ... but the person i am sending to sometimes recieves the email and ...
  • Re: Messages sent to Sent Mail folder, but not transmitted
    ... When a message appears in Sent Items, it means that your ISP has received the message ant the problem lies somewhere from that point on. ... E-mail scanning can /fool/ OE into thinking the message was sent. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for lose of messages. ... It tends to occur when there are multiple recipients, ...
  • Re: I cant send email from Windows Mail
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send or receive
    ... Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. ... Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: receive but cannot send email
    ... The only possible exception is e-mail scanning which can fool OE into thinking the message was sent when it wasn't. ... It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for lose of messages. ... are using XP with no apparent problem. ...