Re: Not able to send, no errors

Is a message appears in Sent Items, then it was received by your mail server intact and the problem lies from that point on. There is one exception though. E-mail scanning can fool your e-mail client into thinking it was sent when it never made it.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the option arises. I strongly suggest that especially in your case, you do it this way.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"maintenancegod" <maintenancegod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4697FAF7-788A-4719-AE39-350F721557AC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had problems a month ago. I could receive mail but when I sent mail, it
would show up in my sent folder but it never went out. I never got an error
either. I tried Windows Live Mail and it did the same thing. Before
re-installing Vista, I installed Office 2007 and now I use Outlook. Outlook
sends and receives as it should(Mail still doesn't work). Hope this helps.

.