Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read

Deleting and adding back the AOL -mail account did not fix the problem. All
new incoming e-mails continue to load as READ.

"rickster" wrote:

Never set up any rules to mark mail as read. If I go to AOL mail via my
browser instead of Windows Mail, the messages are marked as Unread and in
BOLD there. So that would also eliminate somebody having my password. It's
got to be somethign with Windows Mail. I am going to delete my Windows Mail
AOL account and re-establish it again to see if that helps. Thanks for your
reply!

"mac" wrote:

"rickster" <rickster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am using Windoes Mail on Vista-x64. My mail account is with AOL and
Windows Mail is configured to use it as an IMAP server. There are no
problems sending or receiving e-mails except that all e-mail coming into
the
Inbox are never in BOLD to indicate they are unread. They are all loaded
as
if they were read. I can manually set an e-mail to Unread and in that
case
it will hold the message in BOLD indicating it is unread and it stays that
way even if I close and reopen Windows mail. This started happening
recently and I'm not sure what triggered it. Any help would be
appreciated!

Not particularly conversant with the workings of AOL mail.

Did you check at your AOL online mailbox to see if the messages are still
showing as unread prior to downloading them?

Two possible causes spring to mind:

1) You have set up a mail rule that is marking all mail as read?
Tools>message rules.

2) Someone else as access to your online Account PW/UN?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.