Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read

"rickster" <rickster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A8734C15-696E-4304-ACCB-4903E8A227FD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Windoes Mail on Vista-x64. My mail account is with AOL and
Windows Mail is configured to use it as an IMAP server. There are no
problems sending or receiving e-mails except that all e-mail coming into the
Inbox are never in BOLD to indicate they are unread. They are all loaded as
if they were read. I can manually set an e-mail to Unread and in that case
it will hold the message in BOLD indicating it is unread and it stays that
way even if I close and reopen Windows mail. This started happening
recently and I'm not sure what triggered it. Any help would be appreciated!

Not particularly conversant with the workings of AOL mail.

Did you check at your AOL online mailbox to see if the messages are still showing as unread prior to downloading them?

Two possible causes spring to mind:

1) You have set up a mail rule that is marking all mail as read? Tools>message rules.

2) Someone else as access to your online Account PW/UN?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: newsgroup shows incorrect unread count
    ... a newsgroup starts showing an unread count when it shouldn't. ... My main reason for using Thunderbird is that it looks and behaves the same under Windows and Linux, but it would be interesting to know if you saw the same problem with it with your choice of groups. ... I used to see this with OE occasionally, with Windows Mail as well but using Thunderbird on both Vista and Linux I don't see it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read
    ... got to be somethign with Windows Mail. ... Inbox are never in BOLD to indicate they are unread. ... Not particularly conversant with the workings of AOL mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read
    ... comes in while I have Windows mail open, it comes in as Unread. ... I had the AOL account set up as a POP3 server and then switched to IMAP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: All Unread Messages are loaded into Inbox As Read
    ... Deleting and adding back the AOL -mail account did not fix the problem. ... new incoming e-mails continue to load as READ. ... got to be somethign with Windows Mail. ... Inbox are never in BOLD to indicate they are unread. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)