Re: cant send or recive email

BV-insurance.com is not your ISP. Most ISPs will block
your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

Are you sending from home or on the road?
To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server. If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.

"dan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:67962335-3A6A-490D-BB6E-427E9F384EDC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ins Cert', Account:
'pop3.bv-insurance.com', Server: 'smtp.bv-insurance.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Finding a replacement for my ISPs smtp server
    ... installed the appropriate certs to function with TLS. ... Do you want to replace your ISP, or, are you trying to find ... how to better access your ISP's SMTP server? ... I use three different applications (I believe that I use ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: E-Mail services on personal workstation
    ... the machine uses the ``outgoing mail server'' managed by my ISP. ... Any pointers for an adequate documentation/tool would be very ... Local mail is not a problem, but sending it out to the ... it relays off of Comcast's smtp server. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Cant send email to my own domain
    ... My ISP also requires that I use port 587 when sending mail to the SMTP server. ... and added my authentication into the Exchange Server ... your SMTP connector. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant send email
    ... Islandbeadandbox.com is not your ISP. ... Many connection providers ... will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Ask EU mail sending message
    ... Once I had finished deciding what I would read in umra and employing Mr Read, we compared all our account settings and found that somehow Mike's SMTP was set to use a password and mine wasn't. ... The reason you may not have been aware before might be that you always connected through the ISP that owns that SMTP server and thus the password was not required. ... email jane at cloth and clay dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)