Cant send email

Have not been able to send or receive email since Wed. Talked to verizon,
they stated they knew of the issue and were working on it. Yesterday i was
able to receive email but not send, now today, still the same, I receive it
but can't send it, yesterday the automated message at verizon was still the
same, that they knew of the issue and were working on it, so now I'm coming
to all of you, I copy and pasted the error below...what's up?

The rejected e-mail address was 'melissaschneckplbg@xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject
'Re: Re:', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication is required to
send mail as <vzetfna1@xxxxxxxxxxx>', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
--
Melissa

  • Re: SMTP Connector / Smart Host: I Need to get a smart host.
    ... Verizon does require outgoing SMTP authentication. ... > Javier [SBS MVP] ... >> post) is that I WAS able to connect to Verizon's SMTP server with Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: cant send email
    ... However I am using verizon as my isp and get a similar error with verizon. ... correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... was your Internet connection being obtained from Optonline? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error when sending message
    ... Verizon has no control over mail.illinoisancestors.org. ... if they still support an SMTP port other than 25? ... Verizon's mail server is a little tricky to use because they have four ... Do you already have a Verizon mail account ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Verizon Data service--SMTP?
    ... SMTP should be in order to send e-mail. ... Are you planning on using verizon as your ISP or do you have a mail ... RoadRunner and just kept using my earthlink mail server ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Outgoing Exchange (SBS) SMTP email not working with DynDNS Outbound service
    ... If Verizon ... > this past week and my only option to getting my outbound SMTP mail working ... > party (comprised of only a www server). ... SmallBusiness SMTP Connecter Properties: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)