Re: unable to send emails

"kazigw" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:617c19510048229289624bbeef3cdb5f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve,
Been checking it again & it does seem to be working ok,however on
Windows Mail it shows the local Folders,Inbox,sent etc etc,then
underneath it also shows imap.gmail.com Inbox,sent etc etc,can i remove
these & just use Windows Local Folders as when the emails come in i get
the emails in to Windows Mail & also into imap.gmail.com.
Thanks,
Kaz.

That is normal for an IMAP account.

To have it the way that you describe you need to remove the IMAP account and set it up as a POP3 type account.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

Watch out for losing messages, not sure how much you have on the server or of your settings on the gmail website?
When you delete the IMAP account the folders and messages will go with it.

Just in case I would create a New folder and copy all your inbox messages to that first for safe keeping.

Get back if you have any problems/questions.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I found out now how to search the entire folders, in going to Edit - Search ... Please also confirm that the rules and junkmail settings (aswell as all other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... I received on another account at work and transfered it to my Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I found out now how to search the entire folders, ... other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Outlook Express to Windows Mail
    ... Your new desktop computer has no way of retrieving emails already ... downloaded to your laptop. ... My question is --- when I open the Windows Mail on the new desktop computer, ... I have it in OE - folders and all? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Delete Some Old Mail That Just Showed Up In My Inbox
    ... When installing WLM it will normally import all of your WM settings, accounts, ... If the Microsoft fix for Windows Mail ... I just opened Windows Mail and there are now 11 old emails (and they were ... mail asked if I wanted to compact my folders and I clcked okay. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... Certainly if the investment is minimal, as in this case, it is reasonable to call it insurance. ... to see problems with lost emails in Outlook Express though. ... by storing them in custom folders. ... Also make sure you set Windows Mail to only download ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)