Re: Can't send email

Isn't it virtually impossible to accidently add a space? I'd love to scrap
this windows mail and convert over to outlook express. Can that be easily
done? Would I lose all of my contacts in the process? Would I need Windows
7? I am operating on Vista now

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Sorry, I haven't run into that problem personally. Not sure what you are
doing to cause the extra space to be added.

"tvinton" <tvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:20687ED3-9712-438E-8C41-D06C4DFD7C31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group list in
windows mail? Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the space
behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
('wilfred.greitens@xxxxxxxx ')

"tvinton" <tvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9380E404-B45D-4FC5-9601-21FB03E980DB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can someone help me? I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, yet I get
the following error:

The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@xxxxxxxx '. Subject
'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', Server:
'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO
syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

  • Re: Unable to send/receive mail
    ... until you delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... I logged-out of my user account and logged-in to another user account. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Solution
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... windows mail must be corrupted. ... don't get an error message, so just have the problem of why I'm not received ... do you know if the 'my server requires authentication' box should ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... command to fix this folder? ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)