Re: Can't send email

Isn't it virtually impossible to accidently add a space? I'd love to scrap
this windows mail and convert over to outlook express. Can that be easily
done? Would I lose all of my contacts in the process? Would I need Windows
7? I am operating on Vista now

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Sorry, I haven't run into that problem personally. Not sure what you are
doing to cause the extra space to be added.

"tvinton" <tvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:20687ED3-9712-438E-8C41-D06C4DFD7C31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group list in
windows mail? Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the space
behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
('wilfred.greitens@xxxxxxxx ')

"tvinton" <tvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9380E404-B45D-4FC5-9601-21FB03E980DB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can someone help me? I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, yet I get
the following error:

The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@xxxxxxxx '. Subject
'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', Server:
'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO
syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number:
0x800CCC79