Re: disappearing e-mail

Windows Mail does not have the capability to add the word 'Spam'
to the subject line of incoming emails. If that is happening, it is done by
a third party security program. It is a very bad practice to allow your
security programs to mess with your email.

"ljhome" <ljhome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:542A4BE0-8427-44C1-AA4E-C8892EA82D28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some of my email disappears, too. As I watch the messages download, some of
them turn red, the word "Spam" appears in the subject line and then they are
gone. I have view set to view all and I have spam filtering set to put
suspect messages in the spam folder for my review. They are not going to the
spam folder or the trash folder, they are just gone. This happens with mail
where the sender is a contact in my address book. I have lost bank account
statements, bills, email from friends I regularly correspond with and who
knows what else. It is very frustrating. I have opted for paperless billing
on everthing, but half the time I don't get my online bill because windows
deletes them.

"mac" wrote:

"Trish1856" <pmf1856@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some
email
just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other
threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am.
What next?

Try also View menu>current view and disable .Group messages by
conversation', can you see the messages now?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: cant block spammer
    ... number of message rules to block various spammers, ... Apparently these spammers have figured out a way to get past the ... SPAM, click OK, click the SPAM folder to highlight, click OK to select ... This moves the unwanted emails to the SPAM folder. ...
  • Re: Internal mail flagged as spam
    ... I have just found out that they are using Trend micro to scan for spam so I ... with trend micro version 3 with exchange i'd apprectiate some help. ... configuration on the connection filtering tab of message delivery options. ... mails always go in the spam folder, even if I right click the email and ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Email non delivery and VA registration
    ... tiny fraction of legitmate messages to read online or download in ... which is supposed to be accessible from webmail or IMAP. ... then you will find INBOX and a set of subfolders to which Spam has now ... There is no indication of how much email there is in Spam folder you ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: more mutt questions
    ... then mark each message for deletion. ... A trick I picked up in some web page, if your spam folder actually has ... the mbox to the inbox in the imap server, so I can access whatever I ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ASD
    ... The spam seems to have taken over, not much diabetes being talked here ... I've found that it now needs very heavy post filtering (more than the ... Windows Mail email/newsreader program I use allows), ... newsgroups accounts I now use. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)