can receive but not send email

I'm trying to get my windows mail to work for the first time. I can receive
emails, but not send them. I get this error message.
--
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'try it', Account:
'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:

  • Re: outlook and windows mail
    ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... you have entered the server name correctly. ... passwords and pop3 addresses etc but everytime i try to set up the emails, ... so I cannot use it at all,so i'm thinking windows mail is the only way. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send email, cannot receive emails
    ... Been using Windows Mail for about two months ... now I get the following error message: ... any tech support available for an issue like this? ... Went through all the log on procedures, etc. and when I try to check emails, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send email, cannot receive emails
    ... this was a Microsoft sponsored website. ... Been using Windows Mail for about two months ... now I get the following error message: ... Went through all the log on procedures, etc. and when I try to check emails, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send EMail
    ... error message that you requested in the previous post. ... I cannot receive any emails. ... This is an unusual occurence as I have been using Windows Mail for a year ... the outgoing mail server address. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send email, cannot receive emails
    ... All is well that ends well, but the error message clearly revealed the problem ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Been using Windows Mail for about two months ... Went through all the log on procedures, etc. and when I try to check emails, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)