outgoing mail failure

I have recently set up windows mail and I can receive mail but not send it. I
have tried some of the previous suggestions in similar threads but to no
avail. I get the following error message:

-- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'tiscali', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Janie B

  • Re: Windows Mail - Connection to server failed...
    ... How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Account: 'mail.comcast.net', ... No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 0x8004005 cant receive or send
    ... Account: 'pop.west.cox.net', Server: ... mail to windows mail I do not know how windows live works or if I could get ... I removed my account from windows mail and then redid it and hmmm I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: New user - repeated password requests in WM
    ... mail account in your Windows Mail program, ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The " from" field always sports the default email for all repl
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... Next, delete that email account, ... I did enable the accounts column for my "inbox" folder and not all emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Security Pop-Up Requires Logon for WinMail Retrieval
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I suggest getting a free Gmail or Hotmail account and setting that up ... in your Windows Mail. ... Which antivirus are you running? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)