Re: Security prompt also

If you forgot your password, switching to Windows Live Mail
won't help you with that aspect.

However, switching to Windows Live Mail is a better solution
in the long run, since it is better supported, more modern, and
less prone to suffering from antivirus corruption issues.

It is easier to set up a Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail,
but it can be done also in Windows Mail with a little extra effort.
To do so, follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

Although WM accepts the newer Live.com addresses, the Windows Mail
account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.
To get around that, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address initially,
use a fake one, such as me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx After the account setup is
complete, go back and correct your email address.

"Matt" <Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2809DA2D-62EC-4F9E-A672-43DC6B1CC7B0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have Verizon ISP
Have Windows Vista w/ sevice pack 2.
Windows mail is asking for ID and password, so I tried, SORRY.
Now won't work properly, can't receive or send mail.
I am trying to get my info on Acct. cuz forgot it (password).
Please bare with me as I am trying to fix this.
I would like to cancel Windows Mail and use Windows Live instead.
I did try to add the Hotmail address to WM but it wouldn't let me.
This problem did happen all of a sudden.
I've been using WM since '08 and never any issues til now (prompt).
Thank you for your time and any suggestions.
.