Security prompt also

I have Verizon ISP
Have Windows Vista w/ sevice pack 2.
Windows mail is asking for ID and password, so I tried, SORRY.
Now won't work properly, can't receive or send mail.
I am trying to get my info on Acct. cuz forgot it (password).
Please bare with me as I am trying to fix this.
I would like to cancel Windows Mail and use Windows Live instead.
I did try to add the Hotmail address to WM but it wouldn't let me.
This problem did happen all of a sudden.
I've been using WM since '08 and never any issues til now (prompt).
Thank you for your time and any suggestions.

  • Question in UK - D - NL - FR - I (and more)
    ... Is there a possibility for ActiveSync data such as Calendar and Contacts to sync in Windows Vista with Windows Mail? ... Gibt es eine Möglichkeit für die ActiveSync-Daten wie Kalender und Kontakte für die Synchronisierung in Windows Vista mit Windows Mail? ... Is er een mogelijkheid om met ActiveSync gegevens zoals Agenda en Contacten te synchroniseren in Windows Vista met Windows Mail? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: newsgroups
    ... Inside your newsreader (in Windows Vista, that is Windows Mail; in earlier versions, Outlook Express, or one of the alternate newsreader programs out there), set up an account and specify news.microsoft.com as the news server. ... I have send you a private mail ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Cannot delete some of my emails
    ... The fix that you mention is for the Windows Mail program on Vista. ... Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup: ... There select Windows Vista, then Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: sbs exchange problem
    ... Sent via Windows Mail on Windows Vista, Business Edition RC 2 ... into the global mail box is picked up by the exchange server and is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: exchange error code is 80072ee2
    ... Sent via Windows Mail on Windows Vista, ... i dont know i need to install the SSL cetifcate to my mobile... ... What version of Active Sync? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)