Re: Importing new email address in Windows Mail

"Screiver" <Screiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5C2B114C-D8FF-4DB6-9DAA-FD5E8702F1BD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to find the correct settings so my new email server will work with
Windows Mail. When I check for new mail, Windows connects with the Gmail
server, but then times out. Can someone help me find the right settings so I
will have email?

Please give some details regarding the "new email server"?

The part after the @ will do for starters, also please copy and paste any complete error message that you get.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Sending mails through Windows Mail, receiving replies through
    ... "Your Gmail address will still be included in your email header's sender field, to help prevent your mail from being marked as spam. ... in the "Learning Center" box, then selected "Windows Mail" in the "Select Sub Topic" box, then selected the first "How to: Configure SMTP Authentication in Windows Mail in Windows Vista". ... Go to Tools - Accounts - select the Company account - Properties. ... At the bottom, CHECK "My server requires Authentication", and click the "Settings..." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... Make sure you have the POP option enabled at Gmail: ... Account: 'Windows Mail ', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I have updated the settings as you suggested. ... However, to access Gmail, you need to enable POP on the server, and follow these directions... ... Windows Mail I immediately get the following error messages: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... I have updated the settings as you suggested. ... I did receive messages in my Gmail account however. ... However, to access Gmail, you need to enable POP on the server, and follow these directions... ... Windows Mail I immediately get the following error messages: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sending mails through Windows Mail, receiving replies through
    ... that COX SMTP setup I told you to use on that account will work and display your company name / email. ... THAT'S WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED AND I WAS TOLD TO CHANGE DE "SENDER SETTINGS" USING GMAIL AND THAT'S WHAT'S CAUSING THIS TROUBLE - ONLY - WHEN I COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE FROM MY COMPANY AND THEIR SISTER COMPANY, WHICH I DON'T KNOW IF THEY USE THE SAME PROVIDER. ... The From address is selected on the Windows Mail email compose window's From line. ... (The Server tab should reflect either the Gmail or ISP SMTP server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)