Importing new email address in Windows Mail

I'm trying to find the correct settings so my new email server will work with
Windows Mail. When I check for new mail, Windows connects with the Gmail
server, but then times out. Can someone help me find the right settings so I
will have email?

  • Re: Windows email sending problem
    ... Verizon does not have an email server, which is why I still need Iglide ... Still no luck. ... We are not running Norton 360, we are running Norton Internet Security ... Get a Gmail account and set it up in Windows Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... That will allow me to verify that you have changed to the correct settings. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Yes, I have Yahoo! ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: where can I find my email server info?
    ... Windows Mail generally works well for most people, ... enter the correct settings as specified by your email service provider. ... If you get an error message, right-click on your error message, copy, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Server information
    ... Incoming email server; pop3, imap or http?? ... You should get it from whatever email provider you plan to use. ... connect to Windows Mail properly since it uses the HTTP protocol, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send emails
    ... Get the correct settings from your server's Website, or tell us who it is. ... Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish ... server name correctly. ... Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)