Re: Windows Mail not connecting to a server

Opps,
maybe I spoke too soon because I received an email message through windows mail. However, when I tried to
email myself a picture of my mother's front porch; I received this error message.The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have no idea why it's receiving messages but not sending them.

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:738EED84-4681-40F5-B8C8-3D07567F84F8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"MarlonH" <moeholloway@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F77B1982-B7C5-412C-BA8C-5CA17E0CFBAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well Steve,
apparently you have some idea what's going on with these e-mail programs because that
fixed that problem :) . Thanks man ,
Marlon

Pleased to hear that man :-))

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Connecting to internet link in email
    ... I've just started receiving the following message when ... email message in Outlook 2002: ... installed Activesync and an iPAQ PDA and also mNOTES ... me from linking to the internet from Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • To Judy Mauldin: Messages from Microsoft
    ... Hi Judy! ... content of the email message I have been receiving. ... heard that Microsoft never sends out emails with this kind ...
  • Re: Windows Mail not connecting to a server
    ... maybe I spoke too soon because I received an email message through windows mail. ... 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have no idea why it's receiving messages but not sending them. ... Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: BCC
    ... "Derek" wrote in message ... > Is there a way to determine if an email message I have ... > received has been BCCd to someone else? ... erased by the receiving server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • 550 Error
    ... I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on a NT4sp6a box and when ... someone from outside my firewall is trying to reply to an ... email message, they are receiving an NDR stating: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)