Re: Outgoing mail failure

1. Is your computer connected to the Tiscali/TalkTalk network?
2. Disable email scanning in your antivirus program, as it interferes with WM.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"JanieB" <JanieB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9E2DCCDC-7B60-4A9A-93DA-01E644B3ECE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have recently set up windows mail and incoming mail is fine but I keep
getting a failure notification for outgoing mail. Help anyone? I have tried
using 587 for the outgoing port but to no avail.

inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
--
Janie B

  • RE: Outgoing mail failure
    ... getting a failure notification for outgoing mail. ... using 587 for the outgoing port but to no avail. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Outgoing mail failure
    ... getting a failure notification for outgoing mail. ... using 587 for the outgoing port but to no avail. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Outgoing mail failure
    ... getting a failure notification for outgoing mail. ... using 587 for the outgoing port but to no avail. ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail not sending or receiving....
    ... In addition to changing the outgoing port to 587, ... Some of them are not very compatible with Windows Mail. ... I get the error message.....Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)