Re: Outgoing mail failure

1. Is your computer connected to the Tiscali/TalkTalk network?
2. Disable email scanning in your antivirus program, as it interferes with WM.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate

"JanieB" <JanieB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9E2DCCDC-7B60-4A9A-93DA-01E644B3ECE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have recently set up windows mail and incoming mail is fine but I keep
getting a failure notification for outgoing mail. Help anyone? I have tried
using 587 for the outgoing port but to no avail.

inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: '', Server:
'', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Janie B