Exporting from Windows Mail to an internet email account

Hi all,

I am a university student and have a university internet email account,
that is synced with my iPhone etc.
On the suggestion of a friend, I decided to trial Windows Mail. However
only discovered after importing my emails that it wiped the inbox of the
email account I linked it to. This has subsequently wiped the inox that
I access from my iPhone.
I'm not a natural on computers, so perhaps should have expectd this,
but was wondering if there as any way of exporting my email messages to
the internet email account again?

All I seem to be able to do is export the emails into a file, which I
cannot then do much with!

(I also cannot seem to send messages using the windows mail - the
following error message comes up:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account:
'mail.sgul.ac.uk', Server: 'smtp.sgul.ac.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your time.

--
Hally

  • Undeliverable email W/exchange & Inet email
    ... exchange email account. ... exchange account. ... I have gotten it to work is to upgrade to 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • change password
    ... Is this a password for an internet email account that you ... >I have logged off from outlook express. ... >way to change or reset my password, so I can retrieve and ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: My email accounts button is missing.
    ... an Internet Email Account ... Which Outlook version do you have? ... Oliver Vukovics ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: POP3 account wont remember password
    ... > I have added an internet email account to my Outlook 2000 but I cannot get ... > it to remember my password for the email account. ... Outlook is installed on a Windows XP machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • POP3 account wont remember password
    ... I have added an internet email account to my Outlook 2000 but I cannot get ... Outlook is installed on a Windows XP machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)