Re: Cannot send pictures in email

Thanks Gary I think I finally got it.
--
Gompster

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

"SMTP" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail server
names from your provider. If your email address ends in @sbcglobal.net
then your mail provider is AT&T/Yahoo, and use the settings they specify:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

Note that AT&T/Yahoo does not support the IMAP protocol.

"Da Gompster" <gompster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F8CBA619-7FA8-4810-A062-34CE86670E0C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THis is the message I get when trying to send photos in email.Help!

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Emailing: Scotland 2010 001, Scotland 2010 004, Scotland 2010 005,
Scotland 2010 012, Scotland 2010 015, Scotland 2010 018, Scotland 2010 029,
Scotland 2010 039 - Copy (2), Scotland 2010 040, Scotland 2010 041, Scotland
2010 051, Scotland 2010 053 - Copy ', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D
-- Windows live @ Sbcglobal.net
Gompster

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

That's not the complete error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

"Da Gompster" <gompster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3FC51C09-45CC-48B7-9CFB-F1D5E20FDFD9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I get Host SMTP could not be found verify that you have entered the server
name correctly.I've gone to tools,accounts,email
acct.properties,servers,advanced,SMTP25 apply and still get same message.Help
please!
--
Gompster

  • Re: cant send email help!!
    ... I believe this tread started with your contention that an Error message and/or a piece of the Registry could be copied to the clipboard and pasted into this newsgroup. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com " ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... is when I get the error message I posted first. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Do a disk cleanup and clear your Temp and Temporay Internet files (Start | ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send email help!!
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com " ... Windows Mail, this isn't the right forum to discuss it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can Receive Email, Can not Send
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. ... were having the same problem I was having because the error message is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: sending e-mail
    ... Yes" still appears in the error message, ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... then uncheck the SSL option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)