Re: can't log in to email

To start with, you are using the wrong port and SSL settings, so
change them to agree with:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

If that results in a different error message, post it here for
further analysis.

"EddieD" <EddieD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F8B80337-17D6-4AAA-B645-3BDE82F57EAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have vista home premium on my dell pc.I set up my email acct.and have had
no problems but after setting up a second acct.for more personal things i was
not able to send emails only receive.All of a sudden i can't log into second
acct without receiving this error message Your server has unexpectedly
terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems,
network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:
'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I have restarted my pc and went
directly to second acct.and it worked a couple times but now can't get in.Any
help will be appreciated..Thanks

  • Re: cant log in to email
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... acct without receiving this error message Your server has unexpectedly ... Possible causes for this include server problems, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: You have exceeded maximum pages... error
    ... [Microsoft MVP - Word] ... I'm decidedly alarmed by the suggestion that this is a 'bogus error' arbitrarily stuck in by lazy developers who just didn't have an appropriate error message handy. ... exceeded the maximum number of pages error - Suzanne S. Barnhill ...
  • Re: "The Document Name or Path Is Not Valid"
    ... > CD but I get the same error message with both copies. ... >>support call if it is established that you need the ... >>Microsoft MVP ... >>> tried "Open and Repair" with no luck. ...
  • Re: snap-in failed to initialize
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... I also cannot load pastel 2007 as it gives a run-time error message as it ... There are some Microsoft KBs that address the Spooler issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cannot send email
    ... >> Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply>> here. ... >>>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... >>>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)