Re: I've got a virus

Drywaller;1254601 Wrote:
I have a problem with windows mail. when I send a message out with an
attachment (pic), the receiving party gets 5 copys. The first one to
arrive
in there inbox is reported to have a virus,(so says yahoo mail),the
remaining
copies are reported as clean. I can send attachments with text only and
they
go thru just fine. Today I sent to myself an email with an attachment
that
had text and animation, I received in my inbox 1 copy and the other 4
copys
appeared in my Deleted items folder. I have scanned my system
many times with several programs and came up empty handed.
Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 Explorer 8.0.6001.188821033 Norton
360 4.0.0.127 English Retail
I just replaced the hard drive and up graded to vista business. This
vermin
got aboard before my norton 360 was installed. ANY IDEAS ON FIXING THIS
PROBLEM
Thanks Bill

You might want to dump Norton and try MSE (Microsoft Security
Essentials) Free and Malwarebytes (Free). Sounds like you have nothing
to lose.

--
rhlhamlet

  • Ive got a virus
    ... I have a problem with windows mail. ... the receiving party gets 5 copys. ... Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 Explorer 8.0.6001.188821033 Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Ive got a virus
    ... the receiving party gets 5 copys. ... in there inbox is reported to have a virus,,the remaining ... My guess is that it is not a virus at all, but simply a setting in your mail account? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)