My SSL/TLS is bad?

When I start my Vista Windows Mail, it has recently has been warning me:

"Avast! has detected a secure connection from your mail program (process WinMail.exe) to SMTP server 204.127.217.16 (att.net).

This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses. Please disable SSL/TLS in your mail client so that the Mail Scanner can scan your mail. The mail scanner will provide the SSL/TLS security itself."

Recently it has changed to :

"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue using this server?"

In both cases, when I click "Yes" my mail runs with no apparent problems.

Does anyone know what's going on, and how I can correct the issue? TIA, Paul

  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot connect client to server 2003
    ... you need to reconfigure the IP schema of your SBS ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... Alternate DNS server, type the IP addresses that are provided by your ISP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... ISP's mail server instead of the domain name on the ... SUMMARY OF SETTINGS FOR CONFIGURE E-MAIL AND INTERNET ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Networking Question - VLANs on SBS 2003 Premium SP1
    ... port on the old router so I now have a segregated WLAN. ... be sure you do not enable any DHCP server in internal network. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... On the Network Connection, You must enable and configure the network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... In the DHCP Console... ... Right click the DHCP server icon, ... Server Local Area Connection: ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)