Re: Can receive mail but can not send it. Error message attached

To avoid confusion, please start your own new thread instead of hijacking this one. Include the entire error message /you/ see. Thank you.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Sam" <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:EB575C15-920A-42C2-B151-E9A68D4FF836@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have the same error message and no misspellings.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

You have a misspelling in your account settings. Tools | Accounts | Mail |
Properties | Servers.

This==> 'smpt.aol.com'

Should be==> 'smtp.aol.com'
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"tjzappa" <tjzappa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: testing', > Account:
> 'pop.aol.com (1)', Server: 'smpt.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: User Name and Password
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... If you need the password reset, you will have to call your mail provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant set up email account....help?
    ... for the correct settings. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... tell us the name of the school. ... servers my account uses, so what do i type in the incoming and outgoing mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot run Update on 2 Windows 2000 servers
    ... TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006 ... servers. ... How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Cannot send email
    ... Please start your own new thread instead of hijacking this one. ... Include any error message you see verbatim. ... MS-MVP [Mail] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Help!!! I set it up wrong and dont know how to fix it...
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... In Windows Mail, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, ... then click the Servers tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)