Re: Setting up Windows Mail using AIM

I have tried setting the port to 587 for outgoing mail, but it still does not
work.

"Dave" wrote:

Try following these instructions...
http://email.about.com/od/windowsmailtips/qt/Access_a_Free_AIM_Mail_Account_with_Windows_Mail_OE.htm

especially the last part, about port 587

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"John" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am having trouble as well with aim mail. I cannot send an e-mail through
live with aim. It puts the mail into the outbox. then when I close live it
tries to send it and says:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity.