Re: duplicate incoming messages

It could have been a one-time glitch. But more often than not, that
symptom it is caused by interference from your antivirus program.
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off.
Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Vicki Lang" <v.lang@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9F87C2C8-42E2-429A-9BA8-FBC33AFEDFF4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
They were multiple copies at the same time. But I have closed down the
Windows mail and computer several times after this has happen and doesn't
seem to do it any more. Maybe a one time glitch?

--

God Bless!

Vicki Lang
v.lang@xxxxxxxx
"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The multiple copies come in at the same time, or do you get an additional
copy
each time there is a download from the mail server?

"Vicki Lang" <v.lang@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When opening Windows mail today, I have been getting duplicate emails.
How
do I fix this?

--

God Bless!

Vicki Lang
v.lang@xxxxxxxx

  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • "Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from anantivirus
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Do you get an error message when you try to send? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant log in
    ... Is the account a free one with the email address ending ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... email scanning in the antivirus ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Just would like to get email
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I was a firewall on my modem/router! ... security program (antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall) can interfere with email. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send nessages. errror messgae
    ... sometimes just turning of antivirus email scanning will cure this type ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)