Re: Gmail

Mac and Gary , thank you, I'll follow your advice.
I will also try to get interested in IMAP
I have several email accounts and I get my messages in the inboxes of each account through the rules. Is it possible to do the same with IMAP

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:OyO$rSZ2KHA.5820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Like mac says, it doesn't hurt to leave it that way. At least you'll be
all set the next time you use a different computer for a while.
I recently converted all my Gmail accounts to IMAP, so I don't
have to worry about it. :-)

"François" <pre@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uPi2kqU2KHA.2104@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was on holiday recently and I checked my mail with OutlookExpress.
Now that I got home, I have this problem.
Do I now use the "recent" all the time.
thank you for being occupied with my problem

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
Gmail's implementation of the POP protocol is somewhat non-standard.
Do you have more than one computer or device checking for mail on
that account? If so, you need to use the 'recent:' parameter as explained
here:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47948

"François" <pre@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have POP3 protocol
and when I go online to http://gmail.com, I find the missing messages in
the
Inbox there.
That's why I said
I try to receive my mails Gmail in WindowsMail but I don't receive all my
mails.
If you could find what happens.
Thank you

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
So you do receive some of your incoming Gmail messages?

Do you have that account set up as POP3 or IMAP protocol in your
Windows Mail?

When you go online to http://gmail.com, are the missing messages
sitting in the Inbox there?

"François" <pre@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello
I try to receive my mails Gmail in WindowsMail but I don't receive all my
mails.
What to do.
Thank you everybody
Best regards
François

  • Re: Gmail
    ... Gmail's implementation of the POP protocol is somewhat non-standard. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Do you have that account set up as POP3 or IMAP protocol in your ... When you go online to http://gmail.com, are the missing messages ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Gmail
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Do you have that account set up as POP3 or IMAP protocol in your ... When you go online to http://gmail.com, are the missing messages ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Entourage & Imap
    ... Thunderbird - Imap ... I like to start working with Entourage but when I make an Imap ... The account must be set up as a POP account instead of IMAP. ... Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Cannot Send Email - Error
    ... My password was working fine using webmail, using my iPhone and from my ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... However, after the McAfee removal, deleting the email account, closing ... Windows Mail, then setting up the account once again - I still get the exact ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)