Re: Help!!!!!!

First of all, a free US-based Yahoo account doesn't have POP access,
only web access.

If your account is entitled to POP access, then test your password by
logging in to your webmail (using your browser).
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption.
One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted
mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

"Maclovio Antonio Rodriguez" <antoniorodriguez606@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ugZyrNV2KHA.5588@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HELP ...I am asking for help on windows mail......I can 't send e
mails....when I try to send, mails
a window apears and asks to logon to pop mail and I tryied all my users
names and passwords...nothing seems to work.......HELP>>>!!!I don't know how
to get help from microsoft about this matteranyone ????please
Help...........

  • Re: cant log in
    ... Is the account a free one with the email address ending ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... email scanning in the antivirus ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Mail locked out
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is ... to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant log in
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... Is the account a free one with the email address ending ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Error:0x800CCC90, ErrorNumber:0x800CCC92
    ... I got Tiscali to reset the password of my second account and that ... sorted out the problem - clearly the problem was associated with Tiscali, ... First, be sure to disable its email scanning, for the reason explained here: ... Disabling a Norton Antivirus 2008 program is often insufficient. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)