Re: cannot send e maails

I see where you are coming from but have checked all my accounts and
everthing is set for tesco not NTL i have been thru this with tesco and they
conform all is ok and set up for them i have nothing to do with NTL anyway
i thought about a system restore to a point in time when i sent my last e
mail but it says the 'c' drive is corrupt and in use and will not allow me to
proceed any further,

getting frustrated now....

Simon

"Dave" wrote:

Who provides your internet connection?
It appears that your computer is connected to NTLworld, since that's who
owns the ip address in the error message.
So you'd have to use the Tesco servers while connected to the Tesco network.
http://www.tesco.net/help_section/email.htm#send

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"simon" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i have been using Windows mail for sometime but from yesterday nothing
will
send i have checked all account info and been thru it with my service
provider,i have tried with all AV off still nothing i have turned off all
firewalls stil nothing

the error message is as follows

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hi ', Account: 'mail.tesco.net',
Server: 'mail.tesco.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421
aamtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [82.2.77.142]',
Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I have tried messages with attachments and without this is a simple
message
to myself to try to connect

ALL INCOMING IS OK

please help

Simon

  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna
    ... messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. ... start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... ... Here's my exact error message track: ... Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... > Secondly, if AVG is installed using the default install, its mail checking ... > restart Windows Mail and recreate the account. ... > error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: This keeps popping up when I open Windows Mail....
    ... Then click on Digital IDs. ... If no improvement, delete that mail account, restart Windows Mail, ... now i get the error message, if i delete the acct and just use the1princess ... the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: outlook express 6
    ... With the error message that you are getting it would not have worked ... Either of those can mess with your mail account settings. ... This one says that your account is Not correctly set up in in Outlook ... The server name would not be simply POP3. ...
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Account: 'Windows Mail ', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)