Re: cannot send e maails

Addendum: If the authentication option does not help, uncheck it,
then have a look at the troubleshooting section here:
http://www.tesco.net/help_section/email.htm#send

Are you sending from a laptop, using an Internet connection other
than Tesco?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:euAFJGN2KHA.4912@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

"simon" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F18DFEF1-A516-406C-9303-9D629D624DDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I see where you are coming from but have checked all my accounts and
everthing is set for tesco not NTL i have been thru this with tesco and they
conform all is ok and set up for them i have nothing to do with NTL anyway
i thought about a system restore to a point in time when i sent my last e
mail but it says the 'c' drive is corrupt and in use and will not allow me to
proceed any further,

getting frustrated now....

Simon

"Dave" wrote:

Who provides your internet connection?
It appears that your computer is connected to NTLworld, since that's who
owns the ip address in the error message.
So you'd have to use the Tesco servers while connected to the Tesco network.
http://www.tesco.net/help_section/email.htm#send

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"simon" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i have been using Windows mail for sometime but from yesterday nothing
will
send i have checked all account info and been thru it with my service
provider,i have tried with all AV off still nothing i have turned off all
firewalls stil nothing

the error message is as follows

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hi ', Account: 'mail.tesco.net',
Server: 'mail.tesco.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421
aamtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from [82.2.77.142]',
Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I have tried messages with attachments and without this is a simple
message
to myself to try to connect

ALL INCOMING IS OK

please help