Re: New user - repeated password requests in WM

Try logging into the webmail to see if you are using the correct username & password..
https://webmail.roadrunner.com/webedge

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"kt" <kt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C0965A65-2290-4DC2-9ACB-C3A0D00F62B6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Account: 'pop-server.san.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.san.rr.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

If you get repeated requests to enter the username and password for your
mail server, click Cancel on that prompt, then right-click on the resulting
error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"JOhn" <JOhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9CA28F5B-EF88-4DA8-B766-AB24962115D5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have same problem. Had it working and then stopped. Do they want >server
> name osuch as Work or name@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Do they want my server providers passowrd

  • Re: cant receive e-mails
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I have changed the server info to mail.att.net and am now receiving this ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Do you get an error message when you try to receive? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant receive e-mails
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I have changed the server info to mail.att.net and am now receiving this ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Do you get an error message when you try to receive? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Unable to send mail out through windows mail
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account with the correct settings. ... This server requires a secure connection ... Is the error message I recieve when I try to send a message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP ... After you have done both of the above, delete that mail account, then ... error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...