Re: Windows mail

Windows Mail is sensitive to interference from certain antivirus
programs. Therefore, email scanning in any antivirus must be
disabled, for reasons explained here:

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
do a trial uninstall of your antivirus. If no improvement, you can
always reinstall it. Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, consider
upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Note that Microsoft has essentially abandoned Windows Mail
since about July 2006, when they switched development to
Windows Live Mail .

"fuzziteddybear" <fuzziteddybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9A06B40A-BD87-4707-B177-04268684A993@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gary, I'm having the exact same problem as Rick. Surely the fix cannot be
to ignore the problem and do something else!
We have two other computers using the same versions of vista and windows
mail and they are still working properly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Rick Lathrop" <Rick Lathrop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9DEDFD44-C7B4-4307-A1B1-14BF0A3204D9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My Windows mail has stopped working. All my account information disappeared
and when I try to re-enter it I get the message "An error occurred while
reading the new account information. No changes have been made. I have tried
multiple times with the same result. I hope you can help. Thanks.