Re: sky mail help

"luke" <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:184B5702-296D-480E-AB5F-E73EAEF1A2AD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
now getting this error message

Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.', Port:
995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

You did enable POP at your Sky account?

Enable POP3/IMAP on your Sky Email Account
1. Log into your Sky Email account.
2. Click Mail Settings at the top of any Sky Email page.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the orange Mail Settings box.
4. Depending on the protocol you have decided upon, select either Enable POP or Enable IMAP.
5. Click Save Changes.

Did you select "Log on using secure password authentication" on the Server tab? If so deselect it>apply>ok

Be sure to Enter your complete Sky Email address as the user name.
Your password is cASe senSiTIVe ensure it is entered correctly.

Also if you wish your mail to remain on the server after downloading a copy to WM, on the Advanced tab select, "leave a copy on server",

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • 1 week old Mac user from PC-autorun "refreshing folders" moved/deleted read IMAP inbox mail-
    ... I don't always categorize and move my read inbox mail and rely on ... the mail settings set to leave the messages on the server so I can ... Entourage's mail settings and explanations it says that it only ... many thanks from this bewildered and baffled new Mac user! ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Moving Mailboxes to a 2000 to a 2003 Server
    ... Sounds to me like your ADC isn't correct - how often do ... you have it replicating? ... Their Mail Settings would get automatically ... >changed to reflect the new mail server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • I cant send email
    ... all of my mail settings are ... I even re-installed the factory defaults and still ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: add work email?
    ... You will also have to get the mail settings from those same people, ... ANna, yes it is possible, I do it! ... was on a MAC/apple computer using Outlook, it has worked great for years,I ... use the PC the mail I read is taken off of the server so when I get to work I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant send emails
    ... You can use Sky Email by logging onto the Sky Email and Tools homepage or using either POP3 or IMAP to download messages and view them on your computer using an email program like Microsoft Outlook Express. ... Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the orange Mail Settings box. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)